BLOG & NEWS
Become a Yorktown Education Host Family
- November 15, 2017
- Posted by: yorktown
- Category: International Student Program
When you and your family make the decision to be a host family for an international student, you will be opening new avenues to a rewarding, memorable experience. It’s an exciting way for your family to share the American lifestyle with deserving international students.
Some of the many benefits of being a Yorktown Education Host Family include the following:
- You and your family will have the opportunity learn about a new culture and its values and traditions, the language, food and more.
- Lasting friendships can develop between your international student and your family.
- Without leaving home, your family can enjoy the exchange of cultural ideas.
- It’s like having a new member of your family.
- Your family can realize, first-hand, the value of diversity and how it contributes to a better world.
Yorktown Education is currently accepting applications for international students age 14-18. Because our school is student-centric, the progress of each individual student is based on their own accomplishments. We encourage students to Do What They Love, with a strong emphasis on academics.
We strive to bring students from all over the world who have strong English proficiency skills and who want to become part of the culture, sharing with and learning from their host family.
If you currently have a student enrolled at Yorktown Education and want to be a host family to an international student, we applaud your generosity. There are obvious advantages to both students in this scenario because Yorktown assigns a student to each international student to help them feel at ease in their new learning environment.
Yorktown’s International Student Program is a rewarding opportunity for us to welcome students from all over the globe to be a part of our community. Yorktown Education is an independent, non-sectarian day school for students age 5 through 18; however, our international program is open only for ages 14-18. Yorktown Education does not discriminate in the administration of its admission and education policies on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
If you’re interested in learning how to become a Yorktown Education Host Family, contact us for the details. We will be happy to answer all of your questions.