Yorktown Education Offers Your Family the Adventure of Hosting an International Student!
What are my primary responsibilities as a host family?
- Providing a student with a safe, supportive and loving home for the academic year or semester
- Welcoming a student as a member of the family and encouraging students to participate in all aspects of family life
- Providing a student with his/her own bed and a place to study, either in a room shared with a family member of the same sex and within four years of the student’s age, or in his/her own room
- Providing a student with meals including school lunch
- Providing transportation to and from school
- Encouraging the exchange of ideas and providing students with exposure to the cultural and social environment of the home and neighborhood
- Providing the love and understanding a young person needs to enjoy a successful academic year in America
Ready to find out more?
Yorktown is in need of host families who will offer our international students a one of a kind experience that can change their view of the world as well as yours!
Call (972) 638-9270 or fill out the form below for more information.