The School for Gifted, Talented, or Diligent Students (GTD) by Yorktown Education.
GTD students at Yorktown are expected to master three semesters of traditional work every twelve months. This produces extremely high achieving students.
Yorktown Education high school students’ college grade point average has been 3.8 on a 4.0 scale. This is for all college classes, taken by all Yorktown high school students, taken at the college, taught by the colleges, and graded by the colleges. This is one of the highest high school academic achievements in America.
Yorktown Education students have averaged $80,000 each in college scholarship awards. This is among the highest scholarship awards per student in America.
100% of Yorktown Education graduates have successfully completed college classes since the program was started over a decade ago, one of the broadest college achievements in America.
Yorktown Education graduates historically averaged about 15 college credits upon graduation. Among the best in America. This will increase with the GTD program.
Students who have entered Yorktown Education at age 11 have graduated at age 18, with 60 college credit hours (two years of college done) and gone to college on a scholarship, along with earning their bachelor’s degree two years early. Among the best in America.
While we have less than 60 graduates currently, Yorktown students have been accepted at top colleges in the United States, Europe, and Asia. While a current Yorktown student (class of 2021) has declined a full scholarship to Stanford University in California, this student has accepted a full scholarship to another university that better suits their interests. At Yorktown, we believe that matching a specific student’s “Do What You Love” education to the right school is important. Here is a sampling of colleges that have accepted Yorktown Education students:
- Columbia University, New York City, NY
- California Institute of the Arts, Santa Clara, CA – with Scholarship – a top-five art school
- Georgetown University, Washington DC
- Louisiana State University with Scholarship
- New York University, New York City with Scholarship
- Parsons School of Design, New York City with Scholarship – a top-five design school
- Rhodes College, Yorktown Class of 2020, with a $138,000 Scholarship – the College of Supreme Court Justice nominee Amy Coney Barret
- Savannah College of Art and Design with Scholarship, – a top-five design school
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX – Graduate in the class of 2020 received a $168,000 Scholarship, and other graduates have received full Scholarships
- Texas A&M University with full Scholarships
- Texas Christian University, Fort Worth TX with full Scholarship
- Texas Tech University with full Scholarship
- The University of Texas, Austin, with Scholarships
- The University of Texas, Dallas – full Scholarships and a favorite school of early graduates
- The University of Alabama, with full Scholarship
- The University of Liverpool, England, with Scholarship
- The University of Oklahoma, with full Scholarship
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- University of Arkansas, with full Scholarship
- University of California, Davis, with Scholarship
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- University of Mississippi with Scholarship
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN
- Yasar University, Turkey with Scholarship
- Many other schools have also accepted Yorktown Education students
Yorktown has an International viewpoint including:
- Required Chinese classes until 11 years old, optional thereafter.
- US State Department Accredited International Visa program, with students having attended from China, Russia, Vietnam, Korea, Brazil, England, Ireland, Germany, France, Pakistan, India, and other countries.
- Graduates have come from Russia, China, and Brazil along with other countries.
- Every few years Yorktown takes a longer international trip, about two weeks. Most recently Yorktown Students and families went to mainland China and Europe, including England, France, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy.
- Internships have also been taken in Asia, Africa, Europe, Mexico, and South America.
- Former students have attended colleges internationally.
We work with colleges, companies, and third-party institutions (like hospitals) to develop special personal internships and programs for each student. Examples include optometry in Mexico, Medical internships in Africa, Physics projects at leading labs, Law internships, and other organizations and companies. One student started a successful video game company!
In short, Yorktown Education provides an education unlike anywhere else.