International Students’ and Their Families Want Strong Educational Value and More
- February 13, 2018
- Posted by: Yorktown Education Team
- Category: International Student Program
Families throughout the world have different goals for their children’s education; however, there are some distinct similarities to what they value most when selecting an international school. Sending a child to another country hundreds of miles away is a big step, making the decision for the right private school doubly important.
Selecting a good private school usually includes looking for things such as:
- Smaller classes
- Specialized structure
- College preparatory
- Enhanced academic setting
- Greater focus on the arts
- Extracurricular activities
- Parental interaction
- Less governance
- Accountability by the school
- Mutual philosophy
Criteria of families and students seeking excellence in an international private school extends to some of the following:
- Experience within the culture of the destination country
- Quality of education compared to home country
- Country’s attitude toward international students
- International recognition of qualifications
- Acceptance of religious practices and beliefs
- Specialized programs for gifted and/or special needs
- Greater academic challenge
- Clear value systems
- More access to teachers
- Uncomplicated process
- Individualized support from the start
- Safety of destination country
- Distance from home country
- Ease of getting visa
- Post study work options
The Yorktown Education International Student Program provides all the things parents and students want – and then some. A crucial difference in Yorktown Education is teaching students to discover and “Do What They Love”.
We are student-centered so each student progresses based on their individual accomplishments. From day one, Yorktown’s International Student Program places strong emphasis on academics, creating a foundation for each student’s English speaking and writing skills, preparing them for college, how to experience the American culture, and giving every student a truly gifted education.
International students have the convenient option of living with a host family in the U.S., or they may stay with an adult they know who is college age or above, preferably a relative or family friend. This person or family functions as the international student’s guardian while attending Yorktown.
While there may be other international student program for your child, none will match the extreme educational quality, far-reaching dedication, and individualized guidance that Yorktown Educations provides each child. Contact us today to find out more.